Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Winston tastes good like a cigarette should"

Although a few days removed, it's also the 50th anniversary of the flintstones.  Before pebbles was born, the flintstone gang were all lighting up in commercials.  This is interesting, as my dad is a winston man -a good 40+ year client- I need to ask him if he was into the cartoon world at 15.

'In 1999, Advertising Age ranked the jingle eighth-best out of all the radio and television jingles that aired in the United States in the 20th century'. The very memorable  ad line was very controversial with many as it was grammatically incorrect. The great Cronkite refused to say the line as it was written.  It makes you think- journalist of that time had standards!

4 comments:

  1. How many Winston stock holders children do you think Dad put through college ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. may I be so bold and say us kids didn't mind the sacrifice if it went to help those poor ivy league kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do you guys keep removing your own posts? Sheesh...LOL
    --
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sheesh,
    you didn't miss out on anything. As happened to me, I merely wanted to edit, and unlike facebook it keeps a record

    ReplyDelete

I double, no no...I triple-dog dare you to leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...