Monday, October 18, 2010

Made in Evergreen Park

Yo Chris,

I thought we could do a post dedicated to people from our home town of Evergreen Park. Good or Bad, well known and not so well known. With a little research I'm sure we can come up with some natives or those who passed through our home turf at some point in time. As you mentioned in a previous post one of those people being the infamous Ted Kaczynski aka the Unabomber who attended our very own high school.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Joey "Karate Chop" Kovar


The first native Evergreen Parkian I'd like to put in the spotlight is an up and coming actor known as Joey Kovar. I was unaware of his awesomeness until my nephew asked me if I knew of him and if we ever shared a locker or possibly a plate of tater tots together in high school. I did a quick search on IMDB and learned I am a few years his senior making it impossible for us to have become best buds. I would like to share with you his IMDB profile page which is really sad. Shoot for the stars Joey! And don't tell anyone you're from Evergreen Park.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yikes. This bio is heavy stuff. Yet the writer somehow makes lemonade out of dog shit. Especially the effortless transition when mentioning Joey's move from The Real World to VH1's Celebrity Rehab. Man this bio writer is genius. Which I'm pretty sure is also Joey. And I'm glad to hear Joey stole the spotlight from every living, breathing thing and out shined all the other RECOVERING ADDICTS. In yo face suckas! Eat it! Eat it Kovar style with a side of crazy eyes! It goes on to tell about his sad and depressing childhood but ends on a inspirational high note. Joey is going to be an Action-Star! Yay! I love happy endings!

3 comments:

  1. poor writing aside, that was an interesting bio-it had everything; parental negligence, hardship, escape to pursue dreams, psuedo-celeb status, delusions of grandeur, ongoing substance abuse,and hopes to be the next jean claude van damme

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love happy endings!"

    too much information

    ReplyDelete
  3. ted k. was near dad's age but I don't think they would have known each other because ted was a super genius and skipped so many grades. I wonder if dad's younger sisters knew him as they all went to EPHS

    erick you were the last pausz there, ending over 40+ years of pausz's

    ReplyDelete

I double, no no...I triple-dog dare you to leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...