Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oscar the Grouch



I look a tad grouchy here.  It may have been that I like to be alone when eating my pre-dinner snacks of jelly n bread without andrea's overbearing happiness. 


In response to your post erick, I'm sorry if I was a bit torturous at times.  I'd like to say it was a phase but I continued that with my college roomates.  Sorry to all. All I can say is that, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.  Just cuerios, have you tried eating grain breakfast cereals since then? If you can't, there are other cereals on the market y'know. And yes, I remember scaring you half-to-death.  I just wanted you to learn your screaming skills in case an attempt was made to kidnap you. I was a bad teacher.  However my saving grace would be that I made it mandatory for you to watch all the Bears games in 85 and told you stories of the old-time greats.

Besides some fleeting thoughts of leaving you at a laundrymat, I never had resentment towards you- but I didn't like that there was less food around. I know by looking at the picture one would think you ate only carrots and kool-aid but you had a high metabolism - an energy burn that would rival a rocket booster.

In seriousness, you and andrea moved into the 'big' house before those awkward teenage years that are fraught with self-consciousness and identity distress.  I couldn't get out of the house untill college-and when I did I made sure it was over 300 miles away!  freeeeeedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I double, no no...I triple-dog dare you to leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...