Tuesday, October 5, 2010

About Me, Chris

I'm the older brother of Erick Pausz.  That in itself is enough to say I had a fulfilled life.  Incredibly, there is more - I have a name and it is Chris.

I'm one of five kids who lived in a very small house near the railroad tracks on the outskirts of Evergreen Park, IL which is literally a stones throw from Chicago.  Due to less in the nature of housing we had a nice big backyard with trees and this offered us many adventuristic activities.  Evergreen Park's claim to fame is having the first indoor mall in the Chicago/Chicagoland area - Evergreen Plaza, now 'The Plaza'.  Oh and how can I forget-E.P. is the home of the notorious Unabomber! In the late 80's, I fled my hometown  in search of knowledge and breathing room at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale.  Besides a major in beer and spirits I also studied political science and psychology.  School for me had always been a challenge as it was often difficult to hear the lectures/teachers as I was born with a hearing loss.  Limitations aside, college for me was quite the eye opener and learning experience as SIUC was a very diverse school which contrasted markedly with E.P.'s large white population.  After many years as an assistant manager in the retail world,  I ventured into home remodeling/handyman services.  A jack-of-all-trades, I'm proud to say I can pretty much do anything under a roof. I lived in the far north neighborhood of Rogers Park for 4 years and enjoyed immensely the vibrant diverse art culture.  As a slowly gentrifying neighborhood it had its issues.  I can say there was never a dull moment! My interest in the health/fitness field has led to me becoming a Certified Personal Trainer with a goal to open a private studio one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I double, no no...I triple-dog dare you to leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...