Thursday, October 7, 2010

a couple more...


Denver QB, Kyle Orton, known for his off the field drunken displays: online photos of him in his underwear drinking straight Jack Daniels, finally decided to put his drunken past behind him. Two weeks sober, a freshly shaven Kyle has no idea who he is or how he could possibly be a starting quarterback in the NFL.


Rudy Ruettiger, one of the most inspirational stories in all of sports about a blue collar kid who didn’t want to accept his fate in a local steel mill and instead worked his tail off to play for the Fighting Irish, is now back at the local steel mill. His motivational speaking gigs dried up at high schools around the country, as his story didn’t really connect with the younger generation. We interview young kids as they bring up valid points, “The guy played a couple downs in college? Big deal, he didn’t even go pro.”

4 comments:

  1. I loved Rudy! I'm getting teary-eyed now just thinking about how teary-eyed I was when I saw that movie
    It's a shame that the younger generation cannot appreciate his riveting story. maybe inspiration befitting the present-day ankle-biters will be lindsay lohan and her triumphal completion of drug rehab

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you got pictures of Orton without that dreadful neckbeard?? these must be rare photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know. It was a tough call. I had to choose pics that didn't feature his awesome beard.

    Did you know that Rudy actually came to Evergreen Park High School for a motivational speech -- No kidding -- I was there! He looked kind of old and overweight so I couldn't really make the connection that he was actually Rudy from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that - wow
    but you know, it doesn't shock me because of all the places that needed a motivational speech- it would be E.P.

    confusion understood- rudy didn't star in the movie- it was that Goonies kid

    shit I'm having cyndi lauper flashbacks now

    ReplyDelete

I double, no no...I triple-dog dare you to leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...